Michael is a Detroit native and graduate of Western Michigan University’s Haworth College of Business, where he received his BBA degree, with a major in Sales and Business Marketing. As an accomplished entrepreneur and business executive, Michael has professional experience and outstanding achievements in finance, private equity & venture capital fundraising, wealth management, strategic partnerships, startups, business development, and marketing.
In 2011, Michael cofounded Detroit-based GreenLancer Energy Inc., an all-in-one platform for solar design and engineering. GreenLancer has deployed more than $1.8 billion (and counting) in commercial and residential solar nationwide. As Chairman and CEO, he secured over $6M in venture capital funding from a syndicate of investors that led to closing Pre-Seed, Series A, and Series B investment rounds. Michael served as the liaison between Company Shareholders, the Board of Directors, and Corporate Officers. Prior to GreenLancer, Michael was a National Sales Representative for a global Industrial supply distributor, where he managed over 300 nationwide accounts. Michael’s experience working with both retail and institutional investors led him to taking the role of a wealth management advisor with one of the largest wealth management firms. The industry knowledge and expertise he and his managing partners have acquired throughout their careers, led the way to launching Polaris Private Wealth; a customer-centric, boutique investment firm, dedicated to serving the personal and professional needs of their clients and loved ones. Michael and his family reside in Grosse Pointe, MI.
His passions include: family, traveling, fishing, technology, music, Detroit, sports, hunting, cooking, and the great outdoors.
HE IS MOST PROUD OF:
- His wife Stephanie and their three children
- Being Irish Catholic and a Detroit native
- Initiated and developed partnerships with strategic investors, most notably: Dan Gilbert, Rick DeVos Jr., & many prominent angel investors
- Capital investment awardee of the ‘Business Model Innovation Prize’ in the ‘2014 Clean Energy Challenge’ as a result of presenting to a national audience of 300+ executives and business owners
- Presented to an international audience and was awarded 1st Place at the ‘2013 Solar Power International Start-Up Alley Challenge’ pitch competition in Chicago, Illinois
- Michael has been a spokesperson in many national print publications, social media, and TV spots, including: FOX News, CBS, BBC, Venture Beat, TechCrunch, and more